Women in Aviation International (WAI) Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship
The WAI Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship is awarded to one student studying to become an aviation maintenance technician.
The scholarship awards US$2,500 toward the cost of obtaining an aviation maintenance certificate. In addition, the scholarship recipient receives:
- A complimentary one-year membership in Helicopter Association International (HAI), the trade association for the international helicopter industry
- A complimentary full registration for the scholarship recipient and a guest to HAI HELI-EXPO 2022 (hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the scholarship winner and guest)
- A subscription to ROTOR magazine and ROTOR Daily.
WAI scholarship winners have 19 months from the date of the award to complete training and receive their maintenance technician certificate. Scholarship awards that haven’t been claimed within that time will be considered void.
Payment of the scholarship award is conditional on receipt of supporting documentation from the student’s school stating that the student has successfully completed the required coursework; has been licensed; and has received an FAA or international-equivalent certificate. If the school hasn’t been compensated by the student, the HAI Foundation will make payment to the institution on the student’s behalf. Scholarship payments are for tuition and training only, up to the maximum limit of the scholarship awarded.
Applicants must be enrolled in a maintenance technician certificate program at an FAA-approved Part 147 school or international equivalent. Applicants who expect to receive their maintenance technician certificates prior to Jan. 1, 2022, are ineligible to apply for this award.
How to Apply
Scholarship applications will be accepted beginning August 30, 2021. At that time, click here to submit your application and any supporting documents. Applications are due by midnight eastern time (UTC-5) Dec. 3, 2021. Please ensure that all portions of the application are completed; only complete applications accompanied by all required supporting documentation will be considered.
In addition to your completed application, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Your resume
- Airman certificates, if applicable
- Certification of your maintenance school’s status as an FAA-certified Part 147 facility or international-equivalent AMT training program
- Two signed letters of recommendation: one from your AMT program director, administrator, or instructor, and one from an employer, instructor, or other person who can attest to your aviation background, training, and experience.
Scholarship winners are chosen by the HAI Scholarship Review Committee. HAI Education staff will notify all applicants of their status.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.