A look at an international HAI member, up close and personal.
Jun. 16, 2020
(ASN) provides professional aviation advice and solutions to corporate and government clients seeking to identify, manage, and mitigate their exposure to aviation risk. The 11-year-old company, based in Perth, Western Australia, Australia, focuses on client-specific, customized practical solutions supporting the mining and petroleum industries as well as the aviation community.
ASN’s technical and advisory services include:
- Aviation consulting, exploration support, and safety audits
- Airborne geophysics audits, risk management, and planning
- Helicopter external load operations safety audits and inspections
- Aerodrome and helipad inspections
- Offshore helideck audits
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Documentation development, including for corporate aviation standards and safety management systems (SMS)
- Aviation incident investigation
- Unmanned aerial vehicle safety services, including audits and operator prequalification
- Training for Australia’s Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate (AROC).
ASN provides aviation assurance services to a multitude of core clients within Australia and overseas. Since 2009, the company has conducted on-site audits not only in its home country, but also in Papua New Guinea, Indonesia, South Africa, Zambia, Eritrea, Colombia, China, Japan, Pakistan, Singapore, Tonga, Thailand, India, and the Philippines.
Offshore Helideck Inspections
ASN’s offshore helideck audits conform to all elements of the following standards:
- Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) CAAP 92-4(0): guidelines for the development and operation of offshore helicopter landing sites, including vessels
- The UK Civil Aviation Authority’s CAP 437: Standards for Offshore Helicopter Landing Areas
- International Association of Oil & Gas Producers standards
- International Chamber of Shipping Guide to Helicopter/Ship Operations.
ASN conducts helideck friction testing as well as helideck inspections and can perform the two services together or concurrently. All ASN helideck auditors are trained in Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training as recognized by the Offshore Petroleum Industry Training Organization. The company can also combine its helideck audits with CASA Aircraft Radio Operator Certificate of Proficiency (AROCP) training.
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) / Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Systems
ASN can assist clients in prequalifying UAV operators, as well as in conducting UAV safety audits, and can develop SMS manuals for UAV operations. The company’s UAV safety audit process covers all Australian regulatory requirements as well as industry best practices while helping to manage community concerns and expectations regarding UAV operations.
In addition to being an HAI member, ASN is a member of the International Airborne Geophysics Safety Association and the Australian Aviation Psychology Association.