The HAI Pilot Safety Award recognizes helicopter pilots worldwide who have successfully achieved 5,000 or more consecutive accident- and violation-free flight hours. Qualified pilots can proudly display their HAI Pilot Safety Awards as evidence of their high standards of professional conduct.
To receive your award, complete and submit this HAI Pilot Safety Award application.
An eligible pilot must:
- Be a full-time employee of an HAI member company OR an individual pilot member of HAI
- Provide pilot license number and helicopter certification information
- Indicate the accident- and violation-free flight-hour award certificate sought (the certificates are awarded in 5,000-hour increments, for example, 5,000, 10,000, 15,000, etc.)
- Complete all entries on the nomination form accurately and legibly, including signing the form to certify that the information contained in the application is accurate
- If the nominee is an employee of an HAI member company, the nomination form must also include the signature of (choose one) the company’s accountable executive, director of operations, OR director of safety to certify that the information contained in the application is accurate to the best of their knowledge.
The information provided will be used only to determine eligibility for the award. Award application information will not be shared or distributed outside of the HAI Safety Awards program.
For questions related to the definition of an accident, applicants should consult the regulations of the aviation regulatory authority under which they are licensed. Any recorded accident, regardless of nature or circumstances, will disqualify the applicant.
There is no cost to apply. Qualified applicants will receive a free certificate suitable for framing and display.
An award lapel pin and engraved plaque are each available for an additional fee. If desired, applicants must check the box on the application form to request these items and include a method of payment. Award applications are reviewed and processed as they are received. Please allow four weeks for delivery of approved awards.
If you need additional information concerning the HAI Safety Awards program, please call 703-683-4646 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.