Journalists and photographers employed by accredited news organizations and attending for the purpose of editorial coverage can receive a complimentary media badge for entry into the exhibit hall. HAI HELI-EXPO media credentials will be granted to content creators only (please scroll down for specific qualifications and exclusions) from the following types of news media:
- Newspapers, weeklies, magazines
- Broadcast news outlets
- Aviation trade news outlets
- Website news outlets
- Accredited aviation freelance writers.
Advanced HAI HELI-EXPO Press Registration is now open. Please use the "Media Registration" button at the top of the page. Eligible members of the media may also register on-site in Anaheim. Press registration is in Room 213D at the Anaheim Convention Center.
Press registration is open the following hours:
- Sun., January 26 • 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- Mon., January 27 • 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Tue., January 28 • 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Wed., January 29 • 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Thu., January 30 • 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Accepted Media Credentials
Reporters and writers must come to the HAI HELI-EXPO Newsroom and provide the following types of media credentials to receive a complimentary HAI HELI-EXPO media badge.
Journalists must provide at least one of the following:
- Media identification (such as an international accredited media pass) issued by a recognized news organization
- Business card clearly stating affiliation and position with the above-mentioned types of news organizations (for example, editor, publisher, writer, reporter, producer, etc.)
- A letter on official letterhead from the editor of a publication or website or producer of a broadcast program verifying the person’s affiliation and verifying the assignment to cover HAI HELI-EXPO.
Freelance writers must provide:
- Photo identification and
- Copies of bylined aviation-related articles or
- An official letter of assignment from an accredited news organization.
HAI HELI-EXPO media credentials will NOT be issued to the following:
- Publication management/executives who do not directly produce original content on a routine basis (must be bylined in the previous six months)
- Business staff or production staff members of publications, broadcasts or websites
- Advertising sales representatives of publications
- Advertising, marketing, or public relations representatives from exhibitor companies or agencies
- Advertising, marketing, sales, or public relations representatives from other aviation-related trade shows.
- Representatives of organizations selling or producing publications, video, audiotapes or websites intended for marketing, advertising, and public relations purposes
- Organizations whose main objective is to promote their products or services (for example: service directories, marketing, advertising, financial analysis, or public relations/advertising firms).
Forfeiture of Media Badges
Individuals who violate HAI HELI-EXPO Newsroom policies will immediately forfeit their HAI HELI-EXPO media badges to this and subsequent events. Violations include:
- Selling, marketing, or representing a company for the purpose of obtaining advertising or subscriptions from any registrant or exhibitor
- Misrepresentation to secure press badges to attend HAI HELI-EXPO
- Product promotion that implies HAI or HAI HELI-EXPO endorsement
- Usage of HAI logo without the express written consent of HAI.
Media credentials provide access to the HAI HELI-EXPO Newsroom, news conferences, the exhibit hall during regular hours on January 28 - 30, general sessions, and Rotor Safety Challenge sessions. Additionally, credentialed media may access the exhibit hall 60 minutes prior to each day’s start. Media credentials do not provide access to ticketed events, such as the Salute to Excellence luncheon.
The HAI HELI-EXPO Newsroom (Room 213D, Anaheim Convention Center) will be used as a coordination point for exhibitors and media relations during the exposition. Exhibitors will post special event notices, distribute news releases, and display literature in the Newsroom throughout the exposition. A complete schedule of news conferences will be posted in the Newsroom. For further information on media events, contact Dan Sweet, firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-302-8466 (Alexandria, VA. office).
The HAI HELI-EXPO Newsroom will be open at the following times:
- Sun., January 26, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Mon., January 27, 7:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Tue., January 28, 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
- Wed., January 29, 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
- Thu., January 30, 7:30 am – 5:00 pm