An “Exhibitor Appointed Contractor” (“EAC”), sometimes interchangeably referred to as “Independent Contractor”, is a company other than the "general or official" service provider for the Show that requires access to your booth during installation and dismantling. The EAC may only provide services in the facility that are not designated by the facility or HAI Show Management as "exclusive" to a designated provider.
Exhibiting companies MUST notify HAI Show Management and GES of the Exhibitor's intent to use an EAC by January 25, 2019. To notify GES, please click. To notify HAI, please click here.
Exhibitors are responsible for ensuring EACs submit valid evidence of insurance coverage (as outlined below) to HAI Show Management and GES at least 30 days prior to the first date of move-in. No EAC will be allowed to access the show floor or work in an Exhibitor’s booth unless both HAI Show Management and GES have received the proper paperwork and proof of insurance.
Each EAC must have all licenses required under federal, state, and local laws or regulations, as well as any permits required by the convention facility, prior to accessing the show floor or commencing work.
Each EAC shall maintain all necessary insurance coverages for EAC and any other individual or entity, including sub-contractors, EAC retains for activities related to HAI HELI-EXPO 2019, for the entire duration of the show, including move-in and move-out (move-in: 02/25/2019 through move-out: 03/09/2019). All coverage shall be on a primary and non-contributory basis. All carriers providing such coverage shall have an A.M. Best’s rating of at least A- and financial size category of Class VII or better, and shall be authorized to transact business in the State of Georgia. Said insurance shall cover the facilities and common areas of the GWCC, including, but not limited to, the exterior, the entrance concourses, meeting room and exhibit hall concourses, loading docks, marshalling facilities, and parking lots. EAC’s insurance shall name the following entities and their officials, officers, directors, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, employees, representatives, contractors, subcontractors, and consultants as additional insureds: Helicopter Association International (HAI), Helicopter Foundation International (HFI), Global Experience Specialists (GES), the State of Georgia (including the State Tort Claims Fund and other State established Liability Funds), the GWCC Authority, and any other necessary party/parties required by HAI Show Management and/or GES. EAC’s insurance shall also provide for a waiver of subrogation in favor of the aforementioned parties and their officials, officers, directors, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, employees, representatives, contractors, subcontractors, and consultants.
At a minimum, EAC’s insurance shall satisfy the following requirements:
- Commercial General Liability Insurance covering all operations by or on behalf of EAC with limits of not less than one million U.S. dollars ($1,000,000) per occurrence and two million U.S. dollars ($2,000,000) aggregate per policy for Bodily Injury (including death) and Broad Form Property Damage. The policy shall include coverage for liabilities arising out of Premises, Operations, Independent Contractors, Products, Completed Operations, Personal & Advertising Injury, and Contractual Liability;
- Commercial Automobile Liability Insurance covering owned, hired, and non-owned vehicles with a minimum bodily injury (including death) and property damage limit of one million U.S. dollars ($1,000,000) per accident. Such insurance shall include coverage for loading and unloading hazards;
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance, in the amount required by law, covering all of EAC’s employees and agents (EAC shall require all sub-contractors to also obtain Workers’ Compensation Insurance);
- Employers’ Liability Insurance with limits of not less than one million U.S. dollars ($1,000,000) for any one accident, one million U.S. dollars ($1,000,000) for disease each employee, and one million U.S. dollars ($1,000,000) disease limit; and
- Umbrella Liability Insurance covering excess liability over all General Liability, Automobile Liability, and Employer’s Liability policies with a limit of not less than one million U.S. dollars ($1,000,000) per occurrence. The policy shall be on a following form basis with respect to all underlying coverages. EAC is responsible for payment of any retention or deductible.
Each EAC shall provide certificates of insurance as well as copies of the necessary endorsements adding the specified parties as additional insureds, providing waivers of subrogation, and stating EAC’s insurance is primary and non-contributory directly to HAI via email, email@example.com, and also to GES via CertFocus link. In the event of cancellation or non-renewal of insurance, EAC shall provide HAI and GES with at least thirty (30) days’ prior written notice, and ten (10) days’ prior written notice of cancellation if cancellation is for non-payment of premium.
Additional information including wristband details will be sent to approved EACs two (2) weeks prior to move-in.