HAI Professional Education Courses
HAI Professional Education courses provide helicopter-specific training for pilots, maintenance technicians, managers, and safety professionals who want to improve their skills in career development, maintenance skills, operations management, pilot skills, and safety management.
- Cost: Attending an HAI Professional Education course requires a separate registration in addition to your HAI HELI-EXPO 2019 registration
- Courses Offered: Visit our Courses at a Glance page to view this year’s course offerings
- Schedule: With a few exceptions, HAI Professional Education courses are held before or after HAI HELI-EXPO (see the full schedule on the Courses at a Glance page); some courses are only half a day; others range from one to four days in length.
HFI Rotor Safety Challenge
The HFI Rotor Safety Challenge offers pilots, maintenance technicians, and other aviation professionals safety tools and techniques that can be applied back on the job.
- Cost: The HFI Rotor Safety Challenge is free to registered HAI HELI-EXPO 2019 attendees and exhibitors; no additional registration is required
- Courses Offered: Visit the Rotor Safety Challenge schedule to view this year’s offerings, or browse this list of session descriptions
- Schedule: The Rotor Safety Challenge begins with the HAI Safety Symposium and the Safety Directors Forum on Mon., March 4. The other events in the Rotor Safety Challenge will take place on Tue., March 5, and Wed., March 6; most are 1 hour in length
Manufacturers' Technical Briefings
Offered annually at HAI HELI-EXPO 2019, the Manufacturer Technical Briefings promote safety in the helicopter industry by providing free technical presentations and inspection authorization renewal opportunities for maintenance professionals.
- Cost: The Manufacturer Technical Briefings are free to registered HAI HELI-EXPO 2019 attendees and exhibitors; no additional registration required.
- Courses Offered: The list of 2019 briefings is available here.
- Schedule: The Manufacturers' Technical Briefings are held on Tues., March 5, and Wed., March 6, and are 55 minutes in length
Inspection Authorization (IA) Renewals
HAI HELI-EXPO 2019 offers a variety of education activities accepted by the FAA for inspection authorization (IA) renewal credit. The list of courses available for IA renewal credit is available here.
FAA Continuing Education and Other Credits
HAI HELI-EXPO offers a variety of opportunities to receive professional aviation career-related credit, both before and during the show:
- Flight Instructor Certificate Renewal: Upon successful completion of the Flight Instructor Refresher Course, students will receive authorization for renewal of their certificate
- FAA WINGS and AMT Credits: The list of learning opportunities at HAI HELI-EXPO 2019 that qualify for FAA WINGS or AMT credit is currently development.
- Other Aviation Professional Credit: Professional Education courses offered at HAI HELI-EXPO are often approved by other aviation-related professional organizations to confer professional credit; this will be on a case-by-case basis and at the discretion of the instructor. Participate in the HFI Rotor Safety Challenge or attend a Professional Education Course! To learn more information, click here . If you can’t find what you’re looking for or have any questions, contact the HAI Education Department at 703-302-1609 or firstname.lastname@example.org.