Department: Operations Department
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Overview: The Director of Safety is responsible for managing the association’s existing aviation safety programs, and developing new safety initiatives to benefit HAI’s membership and the international helicopter community.
Essential Functions of the Position Include, but Are Not Limited To:
- Serving as the HAI safety representative on various industry, government, and international boards, task forces, and meetings
- Developing responses to proposed safety-related regulations and legislative initiatives
- Collecting, researching, and analyzing helicopter safety and accident data for subsequent statistical reporting
- Developing and implementing new HAI industry safety initiatives
- Routinely interacting with the full spectrum of aviation related agencies and organizations in support of the rotorcraft industry
- Managing all aspects of HAI’s voluntary accreditation program that assists helicopter operators to reduce accident rates and improve safety cultures
- Providing safety supervision for all flight activities at the association’s annual trade show and exposition, HAI HELI-EXPO®
- Directing and supervising other safety department staff
- Serving as staff liaison for assigned HAI committees
- Contributing content for use in HAI’s printed and electronic media
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
Desired Qualifications for the Position Include:
- College or advanced degree related to aviation safety and/or management
- Seven or more years of related helicopter safety background, training, and experience
- Certificated helicopter pilot and/or maintenance technician
- Previous experience with helicopter or other aviation-related organization(s)
- Familiarization with auditing protocols and accreditation programs
- A passionate commitment to the promotion of helicopter safety
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with significant experience in creating and delivering written proposals and public presentations
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Team player, with proven ability to manage, mentor, and motivate staff
- Detail oriented, self-starter, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel
The above qualifications are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the position.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description.
Please email email@example.com with additional questions.
Helicopter Association International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.