Department: Communications & Public Relations
Reports to: Director of Communications & Public Relations
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt, Overtime Eligible
Overview: This position is responsible for developing and coordinating the association’s external communications, both print and digital, to ensure distribution of accurate, timely, and professional media to HAI’s membership and the international helicopter community
Essential Functions of the Position Include, but Are Not Limited To:
- Overseeing day-to-day production of association’s daily electronic newsletter, including developing original content, selecting and editing news items and press releases for inclusion, and entering material into content management system
- Developing, writing, and editing, including substantive editing, content for the association’s print and digital publications, websites, and social media
- Copyediting, proofreading, and performing related quality-control functions on association’s print and digital publications, websites, and social media
- Coordinating HAI web content, including working with other departments to ensure web content is current and consistent with HAI’s policies and programs
- Assisting the public relations staff with trade press and other media inquiries
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
Desired Qualifications for the Position Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field of study
- Three or more years of copyediting and proofreading experience (prior trade or professional association experience preferred)
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to conduct research and write content for publications and website
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Extremely detail-oriented and well organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Self-motivated; high degree of initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite and content management systems
- Ability to travel if necessary
The above qualifications are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the position.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.
Helicopter Association International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.